Thursday, December 13, 2007

Best of 2007

I think I'm safe. I will publicly doubt that anything earth-shatteringly good will come out in the next few weeks. So here goes, the ten best albums of 2007, according to Me.

1) Panda Bear Person Pitch
2) Future of the Left Curses
3) Arcade Fire Neon Bible
4) Radiohead In Rainbows
5) The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse
6) Wilco Sky Blue Sky
7) Deerhoof Friend Opportunity
8) Deer Tick War Elephant
9) The National Boxer
10) Spoon Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

25 Best Songs of the year:

1) Panda Bear "Comfy in Nautica"
2) Frog Eyes "Bushels"
3) Arcade Fire "Intervention"
4) The Besnard Lakes "Disaster"
5) Spoon "You Got Yr Cherry Bomb"
6) Future of the Left "Real Men Hunt in Packs"
7) Bright Eyes "When the Brakeman Turns My Way"
8) Okkervil River "John Allyn Smith Sails"
9) Deerhoof "Galaxian"
10) Panda Bear "Bros"
11) Future of the Left "adeadenemyalwayssmellsgood"
12) Radiohead "Videotape"
13) Wilco "You Are My Face"
14) The National "Fake Empire"
15) Thurston Moore "Frozen Gtr"
16) Arcade Fire "Keep the Car Running"
17) Bruce Springsteen "Radio Nowhere"
18) Beirut "Elephant Gun"
19) Boris with Michio Kurihara "Starship Narrator"
20) Bright Eyes "Lime Tree"
21) Radiohead "Jigsaw Falling Into Place"
22) Spoon "Black Like Me"
23) Deer Tick "Ashamed"
24) Wilco "What Light"
25) The Besnard Lakes "Because Tonight"

5 Most Disappointing Albums:

1) Devendra Banhart Smokey Rolls Down Thunder Canyon
2) Bright Eyes Cassadega
3) The Twilight Sad Fourteen Autumns, Fifteen Winters
4) Okkervil River The Stage Names
5) Frog Eyes Tears of the Valedictorian

1 comment:

Aaron Burkhalter said...

Panda Bear is hot hot hot! And on my top five, though not my number 1. That goes to Feist, but I'm learning that I'm a bit on the NPR/starbucks end of musical tastes. Why deny it? I embrace it...

Still need to compile my own list.

wired for sound and down with whatever