Thursday, April 27, 2006

Roundtable Discussion

About a month ago I got a fantastic opportunity that I just couldn't turn down. I got a call from the ghost of Albert Einstein, who with the lessened obligations of being dead had created a way to have a roundtable discussion with various incarnations of yourself (in the past at least, he said he didn't want people to see their future selves...plenty of potential for trauma). After various assurances that he had seen to any sort of problems with the space-time continuum and all that stuff and that my past selves would not be harmed in any way, I agreed. All he asked was for a slice of the pizza I was eating at the time. I figured it was a pretty fair trade.

Anyway, this morning, Einstein knocked the door and handed me a transcript of the discussion. So I'll share it here with you. We had a hard time talking about much besides pop culture (Einstein told me this would probably happen, and I would do best to limit the scope of the discussion). Anyways, the principle players were yours truly (ZT23), myself at age 18 (ZT18), myself at age 15 (ZT15), and myself at age 8 (ZT8).

ZT23: Wow, this worked!
ZT18: Wow, you gained weight!
ZT23: Shut up...
ZT15: Did you guys watch Drew Carrey last night?
ZT18: Nah, that show went downhill fast...
ZT23: Haha, I remember that show, I watched a rerun awhile back, not as good as I remember.
ZT8: Is that on after eight?
ZT15: Yeah...
ZT8: Oh, then I can't watch it. Do you guys still play with cars?
ZT15: I don't like driving, it's kind of scary...
ZT18: Yeah, I usually let other people drive when I can...
ZT23: Nothing better than a nice long drive somewhere to clear the head.
ZT8: No! Little cars, they're fun, I like to race them.
ZT15: Oh...sorry kid, no...
ZT23: Quit acting cool, you know you couldn't resist a good matchbox car race every once in awhile.
ZT8: What's your favorite dinosaur? Mine's alasaurus!
ZT15: Alasaurus
ZT18: Alasaurus
ZT23: Some things never change...Alasaurus fo shizzle!
ZT8: The museum has an alasuarus skeleton...
ZT23: You guys see any movies recently?
ZT8: I like the hover-bikes in Return of the Jedi!
ZT15: Not really
ZT18: I just rewatched A Clockwork Orange. It's better the second time I'm pretty sure. Hey, I heard they're making Lord of the Rings into a movie...how'd it turn out?
ZT23: Oh, they're really good. They also made a movie out of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, and that turned out pretty good too...
ZT15: How long before that?
ZT23: Hmm, about seven years, sorry...
ZT15: That blows
ZT23: Yeah, well at least it turned out pretty well
ZT15: I guess
ZT18: So Lord of the Rings is good? I was really worried it was going to suck...
ZT23: Oh, it doesn't suck, although the hype around does kind of suck. Be prepared for all of your friends to talk about it constantly. They do a great job with the first two books, but the last one is a little boring, just to warn you. Well I shouldn't really warn you...they're still awesome.
ZT15: Wait, friends? Awesome! Do you, like actually do stuff?
ZT18: Yeah, lots of stuff...
ZT15: Phew...

Anyways, that's all I have so far...Einstein's going to drop in with more later...

2 comments:

Aaron Burkhalter said...

I've been crazy busy so no response yet, but I can't let a post this good pass without some positive reinforcement, and since none of my other Unencumbered Fans have yet to step up to the plate it's my duty.

That's hilarious, and I'm sure very much like a conversation I would have. I'm pretty sure our 8 year old selves would get along really well, even though you shortsightedly dismiss the clear and simple fact that stegosaurus is the very best dinosaur EVER....

Blake Stockdale said...

Eight your old Blake wants to play with cars later if you want in. And when I say eight your old Blake wants to play with cars what I mean is... I wanna play with cars later.

wired for sound and down with whatever