Thursday, February 15, 2007

Current Favorites

So Fidel emailed me the other day, saying he appreciated the extremely non-gay Valentine I sent. Let's just say I don't spare anything for my favorite dictator. Anyways, he also said that even better than a valentine would be a Current Favorites. And who am I to refuse?

I've been listening to a bit of new music, but nothing is terribly great. I picked up The Broken West's I Can't Go On, I'll Go On and I'll recommend it. Nothing terribly interesting to be said about it by moi. 7/10 on that one. Check out "So It Goes" and "Down in the Valley" for the hot trax.

Now I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Boris and Michio Kurihara's album Rainbow. Now, I haven't listened to the whole thing, since I'm not in the habit of hunting down albums only available in Japan. But there are scraps available, like here. "Starship Narrator" is the best thing available there. I'm a sucker for hot shit guitar, and this one has it in spades. The song is a 9/10.

I also picked up Nurse & Soldier's Marginalia which is a strong effort. I might post a full review later, but I'd say it's a high 6/10.

I haven't been watching many movies...but, oh well.

But I did start reading again. And while the book I'm reading is for a class, I still say it counts. It's called Kokoro, it's Japanese, and at about the 3/4 mark, it's very good. It seems to be coinciding with a Japan kick, so that helps it go down smooth.

Until next time...Konichiwa Bitches!

No comments:

wired for sound and down with whatever