Music:
Nothing terribly new to report here. Anything good come out lately? Let me know. Otherwise, if you want to know mathematically what my favorite music is...here's the top 10 from my iTunes top 25:
1) anthems for a 17 year old girl - Broken Social Scene (8 plays)
2) Cause=Time - Broken Social Scene (5 plays)
3) I'm Still Your Fag - Broken Social Scene (5 plays)
4) The View - Modest Mouse (5 plays)
5) The Way We Get By - Spoon (5 plays)
6) Poor Places - Wilco (5 plays)
7) At My Window, Sad and Lonely - Billy Bragg & Wilco (4 plays)
8) Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan (4 plays)
9) First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes (4 plays)
10) Cattle and the Creeping Things - The Hold Steady (4 plays)
So I guess you could say I'm listening to a bit of the Broken Social Scene, which is pretty much true, though I don't know that I like them that much.
Movies:
Plenty to report here, I saw quite a few movies since last I reported. Here are the good one's...
Munich: Just saw this one last night. Incredibly good...new #2 movie of 2005 (after A History of Violence). The movie plays with questions of justice and morality spectacularly, with a dash of thrilling.
Chronicles of Narnia: I enjoyed this movie, though I didn't find it great or anything. Still was cool to see something that I loved as a youngin' brought to life so well. If I would've seen this when I was in 6th grade, I probably would have crapped my pants (wait, I did that anyway in 6th grade...um...)
The Constant Gardener: Thriller that wasn't that thrilling, but it wasn't boring either. Somewhere in between. I liked it though, worth renting.
Bananas: Hehehe...I just like Woody Allen movies...and this one was plenty funny.
Books:
I've mentioned this before, but read Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman. Buy it now...now dammit!
Hells Angels by Hunter S. Thompson will fulfill all your wildest fantasies of what a book about motorcycle gangs should be.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a wierd coincidence because I'm the kind of guy who likes it when his wildest fantasies come true. Also this is somewhat disturbing but depending how it gets rated in my list we may have the same top two movies of 2005 right now.
Anthems For a 17 Year Old Girl was my favorite Broken Social Scene song before I realized who Broken Social Scene was. I cranked it everytime it hit the radio station, but never took the time to seek it out. Then, after having the band forced on me much later, I made the connection. But I dig that song.
As for new good music, have you heard Cat Power's newest record? Is that up your alley at all? I like it a lot. It's getting reviewed as a much more accessible album, but I thought it was a big improvement over You Are Free which I found to be far to abbrasive at times for Marshall's songwriting.
Well I've heard of Cat Power, though I don't think I've heard it (at least that I'm aware of). But hear it I shall...
Post a Comment