
SPOON!!!
Geez, I went a whole Current Favorites without even bothering to mention probably the biggest musical story of the past weekend (And they held the damn 2 spot!), and that's The Great Spoon Renaissance. The two great soundtracks of last summer were The Hold Steady's Separation Sunday and Spoon's Kill the Moonlight. But when I headed back to school, the disc was curiously missing. So while The Hold Steady still rocked through my speakers, Spoon remained somewhat forgotten. Then I found the CD in an oft ignored pocket in my backpack around October. But the momentum was seemingly lost...Kill the Moonlight seemed destined to be one of those CDs that might get broken out once in awhile, and then forgotten. But there's been a revival of my listening to Spoon...and with exploration of Gimme Fiction under way...well, the future seems bright for them.
1 comment:
I love those moments. For me it happens with seasons. I hit winter and have an urge to listen to the musis I heard last winter, and the winter before that etc. It's like the season is incomplete without the proper soundtrack. I realized last week that I made it through December without listening to a handful of essentials. Next year that won't happen! *shakes fist defiantly*
Post a Comment