Monday, January 16, 2006

Interesting book

Over winter break I read a very good book called Sex, Drugs, and Cocoapuffs by Chuck Klosterman. Now, this is one of the most amusing and interesting book I've read, probably since Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72. But here's the weird thing, which I almost never experienced reading a book before. With roughly 70% of the assertions Klosterman makes, I found myself wanting to argue with him, nearly screaming at the book, "that's completely wrong! Klosterman you fucking swine!" as if he could hear me. I wanted to argue with the man. But here's the thing...this made me enjoy the book more. I guess, in reality, it's like having a debate about something stupid with a friend. Or something important. And it's just fun as all hell. So pick up the book, it's one of the best I've read in awhile.

No comments:

wired for sound and down with whatever