
I know this isn't a great enticement to read this whole thing, but there wasn't much change in the top 25 besides movement among the songs that were already there. But alas, I am a slave for the top 25, and the show must go on!
1) Sister Jack - Spoon (22 plays)
2) The Way We Get By - Spoon (20 plays)
3) Cattle and the Creeping Things - The Hold Steady (18 plays)
4) Multitude of Casualties - The Hold Steady (18 plays)
5) Gold Digger - Kanye West (17 plays)
6) Anthems For a Seventeen Year-Old Girl - Broken Social Scene (16 plays)
7) After It All - Cat Power (16 plays)
8) Positive Jam - The Hold Steady (15 plays)
9) Casimer Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens (15 plays)
10) High Noon - DJ Shadow (14 plays)
11) Who Rocks the Party - Les Savy Fav (14 plays)
12) Lifter Puller vs. The End of the Evening - Lifter Puller (14 plays)
13) Shot in the Arm (Live) - Wilco (14 plays)
14) Crack Music - Kanye West (13 plays)
15) The View - Modest Mouse (13 plays)
16) For the Widows of Paradise, For the Fatherless of Ypsilanti - Sufjan Stevens (13 plays)
17) Heavy Metal Drummer - Wilco (13 plays)
18) The Swish - The Hold Steady (12 plays)
19) Your Little Hoodrat Friend - The Hold Steady (12 plays)
20) Stevie Nix - The Hold Steady (12 plays)
21) Jonathon Fisk - Spoon (12 plays)
22) Misunderstood (Live) - Wilco (12 plays)
23) Ashes of American Flags - Wilco (12 plays)
24) Poor Places - Wilco (12 plays)
25) Shine a Light - Wolf Parade (12 plays)
Some thoughts on the Krogman 25:
It seems that my top 25 is starting to calcify. It's becoming increasingly difficult for new songs to make it as the minimum number continually increases. While there is movement among the 25, new songs usually might make it into some of the last spots (unless I'm really rocking a song, like the Lifter Puller one). The last major shake up was probably two weeks ago. In fact, aside from The Hold Steady and Cat Power...I didn't really listen to much of this music this past week except occasionally. Last week was more dominated by Bob Dylan and Radiohead. But they are so far behind, plus I haven't really gotten into one or two songs by either, and listen to the whole album. For that matter, I'm not necessarily into one single album by those artists, and my listening is spread out amongst 6 Radiohead albums (Mostly Kid A and Hail to the Thief) and 6 Bob Dylan albums (Mostly Bringing it all Back Home and Another Side of Bob Dylan).
For this reason, I'm reviving the Current Favorites feature, to coincide with the Krogman 25...you'll see it right above this one in a little while, or now...if you don't refresh my blog every minute like the millions of wonderful fans I have...
No comments:
Post a Comment